About the job
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in the field of accounts
- Day to day accounting (including sales, purchase, receipts, payments, bank reconciliation, preparation of debtors / creditors statements etc.)
- Ensure all invoices are appropriately authorized for payment and captured in accounting system.
- Process and capture month end journals.
- Make supplier payments in accordance to instructions from Management and as per suppliers’ engagement/age analysis.
- Maintaining petty cash.
- Records and reconciles fixed asset transactions, Preparation of FAR.
- Prepares monthly cash trends reports for all headquarters bank accounts.
- Reconciliation of all loan accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of GLs to ensure their accuracy.
- Timely payment of all statutory dues.
- Participates in monthly and annual closing.
- Ensure all Statutory returns are accurately filed on due dates once they have been reconciled.
- Manages the accounting records and files, including A/P, journal vouchers, cash receipts, cash deposits, bank statement reconciliations, investment account statements. Maintains an orderly accounting filing system.
- Follow-up on overdue payment.
- Follow up outstanding creditors, maintain records and provide reports as required.
- Thorough with statutory compliance of deducted and collected taxes viz GST, TDS, Profession tax.
- Ensure that all financial records are accurate and ready timely for end of financial year audits.
- Assisting in Statutory and Internal Audit.
- Assist team members from time to time – providing specific bookkeeping support, research and report writing etc.
- Assisting in preparation of budget.
- Comply with general office policies, procedures and all legal requirements. Helps ensure accounting policies, procedures are being followed.
- Undertake any other specific duties as required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal communication in order to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, internal customers or team members.
Bachelor of Commerce/ Master of Commerce/Semi qualified (CA Inter) from recognized college / University
Knowledge And Skills
- Proficient in MS office applications (Excel & Word). Experience in using Tally 9/ERP package would be preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication in English, interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and well organized.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately, including percentages, fractions, decimals, and simple mathematical formulae.
- Ability to organize complex information neatly and accurately.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Reliable and flexible individual
- Familiar with period-end closing process
- Fair understanding of Accounting Standard and Indian tax compliances
- Ability to deal with multi-currency accounting environment
- Familiar with internal control principles
- Ability to deal with external and internal auditors and resolving issues
- Finance department
- Other employees
- Company Secretary, India
- Suppliers, customers, consultants, external auditors, Banks
- Government Authorities (Income Tax, GST etc.)