About the job
Labcorp Drug Development is recruiting an Application Support Specialist to join a dynamic team. This position is a Remote opportunity. The Computer Applications team is looking for a dedicate and talented Application Support Specialist, who will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the web applications.
- Support in-house developed and COTS applications, including troubleshooting bugs, responding to user inquiries and requests.
- Resolve user submitted tickets. This including but not limited to: providing technical solution, training, or work around.
- Work with lab operators to identify and resolving equipment and instrument technical issues
- Analyze frequent requested tickets; identify problems; propose solutions, process and/or system improvement
- Implement enhancement requests in existing custom applications
- Update and maintain Knowledge Base articles
- Test software releases and upgrades to ensure that it meets regulatory standards.
- Perform system administration tasks
- Bachelor Degree in a Computer Science, information technology, computer programming or another closely related field.
- 4+ years of experience supporting custom application systems
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases
- 2+ years of experience with Linux
- Highly motivated with the ability to master all applications’ functionalities
- Good at problem solving. Be able to identify and resolve issues that arise with software and instruments.
- Effectively communicate technical and non-technical issues with end users and developers
- Experience using ticketing system such as JIRA
- Familiar with underlying architecture of multi-tiered browser-based applications
- Expose to regulatory requirements such as GLP, CLIA, etc. is a plus
Labcorp Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.