About the job
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
We are a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses, and merchants worldwide—combined with our leading-edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities—enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
- This is a front-line sales position in the consumer cards sales team, and is responsible for driving business, achieving monthly sales targets, and acquiring new customers through consultative selling of our card’s products through a defined channel of acquisition [Retail, Corporate, Venue-sales]
- Prospecting for new customers through existing leads and cold calling and maximizing lead generation Timely execution of all sales activities – leads, campaigns, referrals & any self-generated leads
- Tracking and reporting sales performance including pipeline, acquisition results and market conditions Set appointments, listen to customer needs, and sell most appropriate product
- Researches and understands prospects before making the call
- Ensures all applications are fully and accurately completed, and submitted properly
- Be the interface between Amex and the customer to resolve any application processing issues
- Drive the on-boarding of new customers and initiates spend enablement activities
- Keep up to date on products and competition
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Engages in regular portfolio planning to determine areas of focus & project accurate full year forecasts Attend relevant industry and partner conferences, tradeshows, and networking events
- Ensuring all performance standards are met viz. business targets, controls, and compliance
- Engaging with premium customers to build relationships, and delivering a positive customer experience while acquiring new customers
- Expansion of internal and external relationships, and drive sales results
- The position is also responsible for ensuring appropriate sales processes are followed, and the highest levels of controls and compliance are adhered
- This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Consultative selling experience (proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals)
- Demonstrated strategic ability– able to link Amex and customer goals
- Excellent oral and written communication, relationship building experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning skills and territory management skills
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation, and time management
- Ability to influence and negotiate with customers both internally and externally and at all levels
- Ability to engage and gain commitment effectively across all communication platforms (via telephone, email & face to face)
- Ability to establish/maintain credibility with customers and partners
- Strong on Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel skills
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.