About the job
Tower Research Capital, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Company Secretary to join our Legal & Compliance team. The role will be based in the Gurgaon office and will support India corporate secretarial and corporate governance functions.
A company secretary’s core duties include managing secretarial and statutory compliance requirements of the Company. In this regard, as a company secretary, you’ll need to:
- Advising the Company and its Board of Directors on good corporate governance practices and secretarial compliances as prescribed under various Corporate, Securities and Other Business Laws and the rules, regulations and guidelines issued there under;
- Organizing, preparing agendas for and taking minutes of board meetings and annual general meetings (AGMs);
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Liaising with relevant regulators and external advisers;
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements;
- Responsible for filing, registering any document including forms, returns and applications by and on behalf of the company as an authorized representative;
- Managing secretarial/compliance audits;
- Signing of Annual Return where necessary and responsible for other declarations, attestations and certifications as may be required under the Companies Act, 2013;
- Working very closely with the finance and other relevant departments;
- Frequent interaction with the Board and senior / executive management team;
- Qualified and member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ACS)
- 3-7 years of post qualification experience
- Experience in handling issues relevant to stock broking / proprietary trading/ listed companies will be an advantage
- A legal degree will be an advantage
- Strong administrative skills and an aptitude for using IT software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent organization and time management.
- An ability to take initiative.
- A flexible and practical approach to work.
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Maintain a diplomatic approach towards issues.
- Confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members.
Tower continues to enhance the in-house trading system and strategies that have positioned the firm as a leader in the thriving field of quantitative trading. While Tower offers challenges and rewards rivaling those of any Wall Street firm, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonuses
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Cab facility within Gurgaon
- Health club allowances
Tower Research Capital is an equal opportunity employer.