About the job
Launched in 2017 by the Government of Telangana, RICH acts as a facilitator and promotes greater collaboration between various entities in the research and innovation space. RICH is a Section 8 Company under Companies Act 2013. RICH is also the Hyderabad Science & Technology (S&T) Cluster, a Mega-Cluster initiative of the Office of Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to Government of India. RICH operates in close coordination with the S&T Cluster Apex Committee and the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
The Clusters work towards achieving the following broad objectives:
- To increase India’s national & global S&T competitiveness.
- To become regional solution providers for local industry & government.
- To create shared S&T ecosystems in India.
RICH aims to catalyze an ecosystem that empowers innovators to transform scientific research into impactful solutions that generate wealth, employment, and create social good, and strives to foster innovation that advances society, through effective use of science and technology.
RICH offers you an exciting and immediate opportunity to work as a Business Manager. The role of Business Manager is to administer, supervise and manage company’s operations, accounts, and human resources. The role will span multiple functions, range of tasks to ensure company productivity and efficiency including supporting implementation of business strategies, evaluating company’s performance, and supervising employees.
The broad roles and responsibilities will be as follows:
Human Resources Management:
- To ensure the company has adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities.
- To manage and oversee employees, activities, and provide suitable resources.
- To ensure the company’s goals and objectives are communicated to employees in a timely manner.
- To manage, recruit, train, evaluate employees and submit information to management.
- To maintain employee record and leave management; organise and maintain personnel records.
- To update internal database sheets like leave, joining, and exit of employees etc.
- To prepare and share HR documents like offer letters, relieving letters, tax declaration sheets etc.
- To co-ordinate and arrange one-on-one review meetings and submit HR review to the management. This includes planning and conducting regular employee evaluations, and participate in discussions with the management.
- To answer employees queries about HR-related issues.
- To assist and prepare monthly payroll sheets and submit information to the payroll management.
- To arrange for official travel and accommodations, and process monthly reimbursements of employees.
- To liaise with external partners, like POSH training, insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance
- To participate in, collate and provide inputs for the timely budget preparation.
Operations and Purchases management:
- To ensure smooth flow of day-to-day in-house business activities.
- To plan and procure office products for short-term and long-term usage.
- To support the strategy, planning and execution of various organisation events/workshops/conferences.
- To keep a track of the operational needs and requirements of the organisation, and seek relevant approvals from the management to fulfil the same.
Administering Finance, Accounts and other general administration activities:
- The person will be responsible for administering the accounts and finance of the organisation including the following:
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Discuss and prepare budget for the Financial year.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure timely invoice, reimbursement and bank payments, if any.
- Collate and compute taxes with the support of external company auditor.
- Provide monthly data for TDS filing and quarterly inputs for GST filing.
- Coordinate and organize the board meeting.
- Work closely with Auditors and Company Secretary and ensure timely compliance for the organization.
- Ensure that the organization has sufficient resources such as personnel, material, and other resources.
- Collate and establish cost parameters, manage individual department budgets, co-develop a comprehensive company budget, and perform periodic budget analyses.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
- Establish, manage, and grow relationships with ecosystem partners.
- Devise, manage, and execute complete general administration work.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business management, or related fields.
- At least 4 years’ experience as a business manager or in a relevant managerial role.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a focus on employee coaching and development.
- Excellent networking/collaboration ability and communication (oral and written) skills in English. Working knowledge of Telugu would be a plus.
- Sound knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, and understanding of business matters.
- Master’s degree in business, management, or related fields.
- Proven ability with financial and budgetary processes.
- Prior industry experience and up-to-date knowledge of relevant trends.
RICH is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness.