About the job
Description And Requirements
- Support manager in day-to-day company secretarial requirements for legal entities and branches. This includes co-ordinate board/shareholders’ meetings, preparation and review of minutes, resolutions, powers of attorney and other governance-related documents often in conjunction with outside service providers.
- Circulate corporate documents for director signatures in the most cost and time efficient way and arrange for notarizing and apostille of documents where required.
- Involvement with ad hoc company projects, instructing outside service providers and managing costs and billing. Such projects include changes in organizational structure; director / officer changes; banking and borrowing authorities & opening new bank accounts; Powers of Attorney; registered address changes; dividends / capitalizations / shareholder changes; and company name changes etc.
- Prepare and/or review annual compliance documents and ensure company compliance in line with local requirements.
- Liaise with the tax team/ finance team for filing of annual report / annual financial statements and ensuring company compliance in line with local requirements.
- Assist on enquires about corporate information from other departments worldwide.
- Maintain the legal entity information list, corporate databases and certain administrative functions for AP, NA, LA and EMEA entities.
- Receive advice and notifications from outside service provider e.g. annual accounts filing dates, new local legal legislation affecting entities which may require action.
- Support the set-up of new legal entities and branches, entity rationalization projects, including mergers, liquidations, strike offs and de-registrations in conjunction with the tax and finance teams and other jurisdictions as required.
- When required, advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies.
- Liaise with our external advisers (e.g. lawyers, consultants) and the HQ corporate secretarial team.
The candidate must be a company secretarial associate/officer with the “right attitude”, i. e. he/she is able to manage the coordination of different companies and is able to work independently but as a team player; also, he/she pays attention to regular follow-up in his/her work.
- Degree holder with associate membership of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is preferred
- BANGALORE – Karnataka – India