About the job
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Consultant, Advisors, Delivery, Data & Services
Job Description Summary
The Advisors South Asia (ASA) team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions and strategic insights for a diverse global customer base by combining traditional management consulting with rich data assets and in-house technology. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard ASA also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Impact as Consultant
Your Role May Involve
As a Consultant, you will have the opportunity to actively contribute to client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects.
Project Delivery & Client Relationships
- Contributing towards the data-driven development of strategies and programs for large, strategically important regional and global clients
- Independently identifying issues in defined area of analysis, structuring analysis with oversight and synthesizing own analysis and identifying relevant implications
- Researching thoroughly and synthesising the findings to solve the problem statement
- Supporting development of recommendations, preparing presentations, and delivering them to clients
- Understanding immediate clients’ needs and agenda to provide creative input into the project
- Developing day-to-day working relationship with entry-level clients
- Identifying engagement risks in immediate area of responsibility
Firm and Business Development
- Supporting intellectual capital development from client work and incorporating insights from related to intellectual capital/project initiatives
- Identifying client challenges and bringing ideas on opportunities to the attention of senior Mastercard Advisors staff
- Contributing to proposal preparation
- MBA from a tier-1 institute
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
- Experience in business strategy or equivalent role
- Core Consulting skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
- Experience in a strategy consulting organization as a consultant
- Experience in a strategy role in a financial services organization
- Exposure specifically to payments / payment acceptance / retail banking businesses
- Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with colleagues and clients
We Recruit For And Value The Following Core Competencies
- Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
- Analytical Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
- Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
- Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations
- Teamwork: Willingness to work within small or large teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
- Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard’s values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
- Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.