About the job
Futuristic Labs is exactly what it sounds like – a place to ‘dream’ & ‘build’ futuristic products. A research and product development studio with an enthusiastic team working towards building innovative consumer products to create a future with a superior and healthier lifestyle.
At the moment we are set out to solve home cooking. To achieve this, we have RIKU, our flagship product, which is a fully automatic, AI-assisted rice and curry maker. Other products in this ecosystem are Semi – A smart induction cooktop, A digital kitchen app and a Recipe platform. The perfect blend of hardware and software.
So if you love good home-cooked food and are excited to build an automated solution for the entire cooking process, then this is the place for you!
Do you enjoy a high energy, fast paced environment ? Are you inspired by great ingredients and creative cooking? Are you interested in working at the intersection of software, hardware, and food ? Can you look at both the art and the science of cooking ? We would love to talk to you.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative, collaborative food professional to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Product Development Team and determine how to achieve effective results with RIKU.
- Deconstructing the science of cooking by developing and optimizing our cooking algorithms.
- You will work on all stages of recipe and brand development including ideation, iteration and commercialization.
- Provide feedback and support to the Product Development team on product development and relevant flavor profiles.
- Develop an extensive list of recipes that could be made with Riku.
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and help engineering teams to access the correct temperature & process to get perfectly cooked meals.
- Cooperate with the engineering team to implement new cooking techniques.
- Check the taste of the variety of one pot dishes Riku makes & give suggestions to improve.
- Have an entrepreneurial and creative vision.
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
What we think you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management, food science or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
- Curiosity about the science of cooking and the technical specs behind them.
- Three to five years’ previous experience in cooking Western Food in Top Class restaurants or Hotels. International experience will be an added advantage.
- Requires ability to operate computer systems.
- Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Curious about what it’s like to work at Futuristic Labs?
Being in an early start-up, you will be working closely and along with the leadership team and can potentially learn and grow exponentially. (other roles)
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Futuristic Labs. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our people. We train and reward talent and are looking to develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.