About the job
Customer Facing Technical Program Manager, North America Cloud Architecture
Description for External Candidates
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Responsibilities for External Candidates
Oracle is building a best-in-class next generation cloud that supports the most fast paced mission-critical customer requirements, operating at cloud scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. Our cloud solutions are redefining the world of business, empowering governments, and helping society evolve with the pace of change. Join our team of top-class program managers and help our customers achieve more than ever before! The candidate will be embedded in the cloud engineering team that is responsible for enabling and onboarding our largest most sophisticated customers.
North America Cloud Engineering (NACE) is looking for an experienced customer-facing Technical Program Manager to drive customer success by account managing our most strategic customers. The larger NACE organizations is focused on accelerating deal timing and consumption by building trust with customers and includes a team of ~1,500 Cloud Architects and technical consultants passionate about the success of ~400 top OCI Customers.
Who is the NACE TPMaaS Team?
The NACE Customer Engagement TPMs are experienced customer-facing Technical Program Managers who target customers with new ARR (Annual Recurring revenue) or consumption opportunities. We provide clarity across Oracle engagements by identifying and eliminating blockers and driving closed-loop customer execution in partnership with our Enterprise Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers. We plan, coordinate and complete customer projects. All programs align to the greater vision, mission and objectives of the org. We interpret and empower the customer by being advocates and change agents.
What are the hours?
Because we support North America customers, US EST hours are required. Night shift bonus provided.
Description What You’ll Do
- Mobilize new ARR opportunities and build trust with customers by providing clarity around Oracle engagements, eliminate blockers, and ensure timely follow up.
- Develop and maintain communication with key project collaborators and decision makers.
- Identify and remove blockers for customer work streams.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients, collaborators and sponsors.
- Deliver components of client engagements focused on identifying, designing, and implementing both technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
- Supervise progress of the customer engagements, identify, and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions.
- Maintain changes to engagement scope, schedule to keep the plan accurate, updated, as defined in the organizational change plan.
- Identify high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints. Implement approved actions and workarounds to minimize the impact of risks on the project.
- As needed, identify business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures. Your background in technology will provide the foundation to manage these streams but also understand the technology
- Focus on process innovation and enablement to drive customer happiness, reference advocacy and CSAT.
- Maintain knowledge management and reusable artifacts that our larger team can use with customers or for customer management.
- Plan and direct resource schedules as well as project success.
- Supervise the programs from initiation through delivery, collaborating with internal teams and customers on technical matters.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Required Skills/Experience What You’ll Bring
You have that rare combination—a sharp technical proficiency and an understanding of the customer landscape and their business. You have experience working closely with executives, and presenting sophisticated information in a simplified manner that is easy to understand. You have experience managing a large program and running it top to bottom – from presenting to executives to nailing the basics. You understand data processing and tooling, and know how to simplify processes. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. You can build excellent PowerPoint presentations to drive strategy and know how to navigate a sophisticated excel org budget and promotion cycle. Strong communication skills, analytical skill and attention to detail. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Prefer 5+ years of project management, timely deployment or related experience.
We are looking for Candidates with the following Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to partner with executives across different functions.
- 5-10 years experience managing complex cross-functional large scale enterprise projects.
- Understanding of cloud architecture, especially OCI.
- Experience providing templates and re-usable artifacts that help large organizations scale.
- Passion for using data to solve technical and business challenges and willingness to get into it to get the job done.
- Ability to synthesize complex elements into streamlined and robust stories for audiences of variable technical levels.
- Strong organizational, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Collaborator management.
- Escalation management and recommend further improvements.
- Align the customer’s general business targets with the objectives and outcomes.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- Experience in Cloud sales a plus.
Does this sound like you? If so, we hope to meet you!