About the job
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Data Architect:
In this role, you will:
This role is for a Data Architect who would manage the rollout of the data architecture and data controls across teams in the Markets and Securities Service (MSS) IT for MSS IT Data Architecture.
- As a key member you will be expected to:
- Contribute to the MSS Logical Data Model establishment and maintenance.
- Provide leadership in implementation of sound Data Management practices across MSS.
- Contribute to engineering efforts as part of building the Data Architecture Tooling.
- Contribute to automation of Data Management activities.
- Supporting the Data Architecture within MSS IT in implementing the Group Data Architecture strategy, capabilities, and associated operating model.
- Represent MSS IT in all group Data Architecture and Chief Data Office (CDO) forums. Collaborating with stakeholders from different areas to advocate and embed the integration of Global Data Architecture practices and standards into Business-As-Usual operating models. Providing support to ensure data governance and control frameworks are adhered to within the MSS IT.
- This is a global role; you will be part of a small Data Architecture team that will work with diverse MSS IT teams from other regions.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Must have good understanding of Data Architecture.
- Must have a good understanding of Data Management principles and activities involving Data Quality, Metadata Management and Information Lifecycle management.
- Engineering Experience in the past would be preferred.
- Must have a background in leading Data Engineering teams.
- Experience of operating within regulated industries and the associated Governance frameworks (ideally within Financial Services).
- Experience of adapting Agile project/programme management principles and DevOps.
- Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a data-related role; analytics, architecture, data science, engineering, data management and / or modelling with hands-on technical experience of using associated technologies.
- With an analytical mind-set to diagnose the problem and problem-solving skills to advise resolution. Knowledge of Investment Banking processes would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of or experience with data modeling with common tools like InfoSphere, Erwin, Visual Paradigm, etc. Knowledge of or experience with relational databases (SQL, DB2, Oracle etc.). Capability to carry out data quality control, validation, linkage and lineage. Good knowledge and understanding of the power and value of data with an ability to apply technology solutions to meet business needs / requirements and deliver organizational strategy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by – HSBC Software Development India