About the job
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Position Summary: As a SW Engineer (Visualization), you will
- Work in close coordination with architects, product managers and product owners within the global to design and deliver complex Power BI Analytical solutions including PoCs/PoVs
- Work as an individual contributor to define and execute BI solutions that address the product use cases and business requirements.
- Define activities, scope, and timelines on BI projects.
- Deliver projects following our internal frameworks and best practices.
- Define Semantic Model & BI Access Layer in DWH using tables / views as per reporting requirements.
- Act as Power BI expert to advice the team in defining Power BI Roadmap, Security guidelines and Power BI architecture for Complex use cases.
- Develop calculations in DAX, which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
- Publish reports via the Power BI service, manage them through distribution of apps and monitor usage/data refreshes/security access.
- Experienced in implementing Power BI solutions in Agile environment.
- Provide Power BI / reporting support and troubleshooting on a global basis
- Support the global teams for Power BI/reports/database deployments
- Proposal and implementation of improvement measures
- Internal training support for team and new hire
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) preferably in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology or other related fields.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in working with Power BI, DAX programming
- Collect, cleanse, massage, and organize data in both SQL and No-SQL environments.
- Ability to understand and define semantic data model as per requirements; good understanding on Data Warehousing- Dimensional modelling, OLAP
- Fluency in SQL and good knowledge of relational databases.
- Understanding of Agile software methodology.
- Experience with any Programming language- Python/Java
- Power BI certification is a plus.
- Experience on Tableau is a plus.
- Preferred to have hands-on experience on Microsoft Azure data stack
The successful candidate must –
- Be self-starter with a positive attitude, curiosity and a passion for analytics to solve real world problems.
- Collaborative team player with a strong drive and growth mindset.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Proven skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter.
- Possess a solid understanding of the value of data and gain interest in learning the functional domain
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for certain roles.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That’s why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
Privacy Statement (https://www.varian.com/sites/default/files/Job%20Applicant%20Privacy%20Notice%203%202