About the job
Space Machines Company (SMC) is an Australian startup developing in-space logistics and transportation capabilities to cost-effectively insert small satellites into desired low earth orbits(LEO), geo stationary earth orbits (GEO) and lunar orbits. SMC spacecrafts are also designed to maintain, refuel, repair and decommission satellites and other spacecraft.
Space Machines Company is looking for an enthusiastic Digital Marketing/Communications Specialist to join our team and support us with ongoing community management and growing the company’s presence across multiple brand outposts, as well as ensuring the promotion of the company through the production of appropriate collaterals and exposure at targeted events
This role is for a marketer deeply skilled in storytelling and will include:
Digital Marketing / social media
- Planning/implementing and securing approvals for content marketing programs to increase brand awareness with our core target markets through the effective use of social media channels
- Community engagement and growth across social media channels (includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blogs and other developing social media channels relevant to SpaceMachines’ communications strategy)
- Cross functional content planning/calendar to create engaging, brand compliant content in collaboration with business development and engineering teams
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on community management queries/issues
- Use Google Analytics and other datasources to assess impact efficiency of social media activity
- Support the update of the company’s website/blog/news/PR activity/press releases
Collaterals & Events
- Working closely with the Marketing/Business Development & Sales team, identifying needs and coordination of collateral creation and production.
- Complete ownership for events Space Machines Co participates in (collateral, scheduling, booth management, advertising etc.)
- Other duties as required.
- Background and experience in communications/digital marketing or related field
- An effective communicator with strong writing skills
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, and social media advertising campaigns
- Solid knowledge of traffic and marketing analytics tools
- Ability to manage work effectively and deliver to deadlines (internal/external)
- Collaborate across various teams effectively