About the job
Provide expertise on data analysis techniques using software tools. Under supervision streamline business processes.
- Design and manage the reporting environment; which include data sources security and metadata.
- Provide technical expertise on data storage structures data mining and data cleansing.
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assess tests and implement new or upgraded software. Assist with strategic decisions on new systems. Generate reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment and associated reports.
- Identify and recommend new ways to streamline business processes
- Illustrate data graphically and translate complex findings into written text.
- Locate results to help clients make better decisions. Solicit feedback from clients and build solutions based on feedback.
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Set FAST goals and provide feedback on FAST goals of repartees
Measures Of Outcomes
- Quality – number of review comments on codes written
- Data consistency and data quality.
- Number of medium to large custom application data models designed and implemented
- Illustrates data graphically; translates complex findings into written text.
- Number of results located to help clients make informed decisions.
- Number of business processes changed due to vital analysis.
- Number of Business Intelligent Dashboards developed
- Number of productivity standards defined for project
- Number of mandatory trainings completed
Determine Specific Data needs:
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
Critical Business Insights
- Mines the business’s database in search of critical business insights; communicates findings to relevant departments.
- Creates efficient and reusable SQL code meant for the improvement manipulation and analysis of data.
- Creates efficient and reusable code. Follows coding best practices.
Create/Validate Data Models
- Builds statistical models; diagnoses validates and improves the performance of these models over time.
- Seeks to determine likely outcomes by detecting tendencies in descriptive and diagnostic analysis
- Attempts to identify what business action to take
- Organize and manage the changes and revisions to code. Use a version control tool for example git bitbucket. etc.
- Create reports depicting the trends and behaviours from analyzed data
- Create documentation for worked performed. Additionally perform peer reviews of documentation of others’ work
- Consume and contribute to project related documents share point libraries and client universities
- Report status of tasks assigned
- Comply with project related reporting standards and processes
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work with large amounts of data: facts figures and number crunching.
- Communication Skills: Communicate effectively with a diverse population at various organization levels with the right level of detail.
- Critical Thinking: Data Analysts must review numbers trends and data to come up with original conclusions based on the findings.
- Presentation Skills – facilitates reports and oral presentations to senior colleagues
- Strong meeting facilitation skills as well as presentation skills.
- Attention to Detail: Vigilant in the analysis to determine accurate conclusions.
- Mathematical Skills to estimate numerical data.
- Work in a team environment
- Proactively ask for and offer help