About the job
ABOUT UDAAN :
Founded in 2016 with a vision to ‘transform the trade ecosystem in India leveraging technology,’ udaan is India’s largest business-to-business e-commerce platform. It has operations across categories including fruits and vegetables, FMCG, staples, lifestyle, electronics, home & kitchen, pharma, toys and general merchandise.
udaan is solving core trade problems faced by small and medium businesses, that are unique to India, through its unique India-fit low-cost business model by leveraging technology and bringing the benefits of eCommerce to them. It is a one stop shop for all business requirements in the b2b space. udaan has built inclusive tech tools for Bharat, specially catering to the needs of brands, retailers and manufacturers, providing them a level playing field to scale, trade and grow businesses.
Udaan Capital is a digital lending platform of Udaan Group. It is a highly differentiated credit business, uniquely positioned to address the large, unorganized and underserved segment in MSME lending. The Udaan group also has a registered NBFC within its fold.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
– Prepare legal documentation relating to various loan products.
– Work closely with non-legal teams to advise on product regulatory strategy.
– Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and other documentation on a wide range of matters including collections, first loss default guarantee and payment support services
– Stay current on regulatory changes that may impact UdaanCapital.
– Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract negotiation and processes
– Develop and maintain template agreements, contract management systems, and other databases
– Serving as counsel in resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS :
– 4-8 years of legal experience with a minimum of 3+ years at a top tier law firm in India, preferably in fintech, banking and finance domain
– A law degree from a leading university or law school
– Strong contractual skills with a demonstrated experience of drafting, negotiating and reviewing commercial contracts
– Sound knowledge of the regulations governing Fintechs in India
– Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate with business teams to understand and analyze business processes from a legal perspective
– Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
– Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and working independently and autonomously on both high level projects and the day-to-day requirements and paperwork of a lean legal department
– Proactive, enthusiastic and enjoys being challenged, and demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
– Excellent language capability including the ability to communicate orally and in writing English.
WHAT WE OFFER? :
– Robust insurance policy (medical, accidental)
– Self-improvement course benefits
– Car lease through vendors