About the job
- Professional qualification of CS is mandatory. CA/law degree would be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years Post Qualification Experience
Knowledge & skills:
- Acts with integrity across interactions
- Ability to communicate with and explain corporate law concepts to non-secretarial stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-driven with the capacity to work in a dynamic work environment
- Exposure to complex business environments
- Excellent analytical, written & verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with changes in statutes
Best Suited for Someone who
- Ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage their time and prioritise effectively
- Ability to analyse complex amendments, draw connections and advocate a coherent strategy for implementation
- Responsible for compliance with all provisions of Companies Act (both periodic and event-based filings)
- Responsible for compliance with all provisions of SEBI listing regulations (both periodic and event based) including ensuring filing on the online portals of BSE and NSE
- Responsible for compliance with insider trading regulations – weekly tracking of trades, periodic flyers, FAQ’s etc.
- Responsible for completion of secretarial audit, corporate governance certification, annual secretarial compliance report & other certifications to be issued by practising CS
- Responsible for providing all secretarial documents to statutory auditorsand providing all clarifications from a secretarial perspective
- Support in pre, during and post board/committee meeting related work including upload of all agenda, pre-reads on Diligent board portal and preparation of minutes
- Annual report co-ordination and support in pre, during and post AGM work
- Tracking various amendments both under Companies Act and SEBI + various regulatory orders from time to time assessing its specific impact and preparing action plan for the Company.
- Support amalgamations, any other corporate restructuring from corporate laws perspective
- Co-ordinating with external firms for various opinions/advice on company law/SEBI matters from time to time including drafting case for opinion, explaining the background, doing research and ensuring the advice is in line with the business’s expectations
- Responsible for filing statements, notices, and other information according to relevant laws and regulations
- Responsible for filing board meeting agendas, information packages and the official minutes of board and committee meetings for the company secretarial team
- Responsible for filing accurate shareholder list/registrations and keeping them up-to-date
- Responsible for filing changes or developments in share/stock ownership and control
- Support the team’s processes and execution plans for their effective business partnering and ensure seamless controls
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date