About the job
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Marketing Manager will craft and execute a marketing strategy for Asia Pacific with focus in Marketing communication & Projects relating to market trends and insights to drive profitable growth and customer dedication. In this role, you will partner with marketing and communications teams and key account leadership teams within Food ingredients business units to establish business plans and marketing opportunities to enable an outstanding customer experience to deliver valuable offerings for customers and prospects.
- Has oversight responsibilities for market research and or market analysis projects and recommends and leads course of action (e.g. customer surveys, customer analytics new product concept research).
- Plan, execute and measure marketing strategies, promotions and annual plans for a customer or specific channels to implement marketing strategies and sales objectives.
- In collaboration with the account managers, oversees and leads execution of customer analysis for individual or groups of customers using Cargill marketing tools to further understand the market, industry and consumer needs.
- And to support the Marketing Customer segmentation initiative in countries.
- Act as a project manager ensuring magnificent and timely execution of key customer or marketing initiatives based on priorities established through the business planning process.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer priorities to help identify areas where additional customer profitability and brand growth can be achieved.
- Supervise channel performance and metrics and serve as the feedback loop from sales and customers to resolve efficiency of initiatives and include promotional efficacy to improve return on investment.
- Evaluate and modify promotion or advertising programs.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters degree in Marketing, research or Business related.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deliver timely projects within budge guidelines
- Experience executing consumer, channel and/or customer specific campaigns and promotions
- Experience engaging directly with customers with a positive impact
- Experience developing strategic marketing plans that generated customer growth
- Minimum of six years of related work experience in Food, business to business or business to customer industry experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Ability to think critically and strategically and to solve problems
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing, business development or strategy management
- Solid business aptitude and an ability to assess competitive strategy
- Analytical skills including the ability to develop spreadsheets, strong working knowledge of business statistics.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and work effectively without established processes and solutions.
- Confirmed knowledge in food industry customers.