About the job
Partnerships Lead needs to conceptualize, identify, establish and manage partnerships in the area of commercial GTM models, digital marketing and innovative access models. Following are the key responsibility areas:
- Map the ley trends in hospitals segments and identify innovative new sources of business
- Identify the right partners
- Onboard external partners, with all due diligence and commercial negotiations
- Drive sales budget, product segment-wise budgets, maximizing sales, profitability and market growth in line with organizational strategic goals
- Lead the entire marketing mapping, territory formation, manpower deployment strategy for this model
- Guide design of the customer list, Brand prioritization matrix for all regions across the country and ensure strictest adherence in execution of the same
- Define the sales and promotion strategies for product portfolio in collaboration with the Category Lead and Marketing team (e.g. Areas with high potential, Events to be launched for the year etc.)
- Identify new initiatives for business development and lead deployment of growth plans of the company.
- Build an organization that carries the Pfizer values and capabilities
- Network and leverage with Pfizer global resources on best practices and resources in digital technology supporting this new GTM model
Operational / Process
- Establish a uniform understanding and execution of product promotion campaigns for launch of new / existing products with the field force
- Oversee effective application and implementation of sales promotion practices so as to derive competitive advantage
- Identify, track and analyze the performance of new initiatives for development of the business
- Ensure healthy working relationships with wholesalers, trade and regulatory authorities and physician associations
- Liaise with sales management and sales support teams through regular communications and interactions towards achievement of common objectives
- Define procedures and control systems for sales to ensure complete adherence to Pfizer policies
- Collaborate with the sales support teams on a regular basis to ensure adherence to the sales plan and growth strategy
- Manage relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and key stakeholders and scout opportunities for business development
- Design the framework for tracking all field marketing efforts and tracking sales outcomes vs budget across all territories across the country
- Conduct market competition analysis and recommend solution
- Demonstrate and promote Pfizer global values in all interactions.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors Ensure healthy working relationships among all internal and external stakeholders.
- Set out targets and objectives jointly for key positions. Appraise performance on the achievement of targets against predefined objectives and recommend punitive actions where necessary Guide, coach and motivate the team through interaction, field visits, feedback so as to develop a high performing team
- Work closely with the Field Training Manager for identification of training needs of the entire field force Ensure the field force undergoes training in line with the identified needs as well as relevant product and selling skills training programs
- Provide guidance to the team with respect to company procedures, policies and guidelines. Act as the custodian of all compliance related matters for the BU at the national level
- Manage the P&L for sales and marketing.
- Ensure that customer dues are collected in accordance with credit terms & outstanding are kept to the bare minimum
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting of expenses. Responsible for expense management so as to maintain the sales: expense ratio for product(s)
- Develop innovative digital technology solutions for enhancing HCP reach, engaging with HCPs, operating sales promotion programs
- Use technology solutions for enabling better information availability, tracking and analytics
External: Partners, CXOs, Medical Practitioners, Consultants, Wholesalers, Hospital /Nursing Home / Clinics Administration, Hospital / Nursing Home Pharmacists
Internal: HBU Team members, Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, BOP, Digital, Regional Manager, HO colleagues (Marketing, Medical, Training), Distribution and Strategic Accounts Team
This is an Individual contributor role. However act as a coach to 2 RBMs and 2 DBMs. 2 RBMs will be responsible for the geographic oversight and implementation guidance for the partnership models. 2 DBMs will support in organizing HCP events, digital/virtual customer engagement and operational support as Pfizer MAPP SOPs do not allow any non-Pfizer person to engage with HCPs. Team will be responsible for ensuring collaborative working relations with partners, including their Senior leadership to align on business goals/strategy, brand plans and deliver business objectives.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience from Pharma or Consulting industry
- Candidates having varied experiences like in Access, Strategy, Pharma Consulting etc. with know how of working with different vendors/partners, establishing and implementing new partnership models would be preferred.
- Hospital Sales management experience is advantageous
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrated leadership skills, process orientation and thorough subject matter expertise of Pfizer sales and marketing practices
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical sector, trends & potential of key therapeutic segments
- Bring strategic thinking to identify key trends, insights and establish newer sources of business
- Ability to forge strong alliances and drive commercial objectives
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.