About the job
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Responsible for delivering programs / projects to schedule, budget and quality. The role requires excellent technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages i.e initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Awareness of and compliance with portfolio management, project management methods and tools and quality assurance is also required. Project Manager must have proficient stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders. .
- Successfully execute the project to agreed schedule, budget and scope
- Perform the relevant project management processes – i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, direct & indirect cost, time, issue,
risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management
- Plan the project based on a defined need – results in detailed scope/budget/schedule baseline for business/senior management approval
- Develops a plan to oversee the systematic tracking, control and management of changes in software projects
- Monitor and control the work to ensure that the project remains on track and in control
- Plan for and manage change
- Reviews progress and financial performance of individual projects against budgets and recommends actions for improvement
- Reports on variances to the approved project baseline
- Close the project to formalize acceptance of the project result and release project resources
- Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders
- Manage project work and resources to enable successful and timely completion of the project
- Performs gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors
- Delivery of projects aligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
- Work within defined governance processes
- Manage external contracts and suppliers where required
- Support development of business cases with the customer team including leading on the solutions estimate
- Lead the development of the project charter and scope, and ensure delivery of the solution to schedule, budget and scope
- Develop objectives, phasing and content of the project to deliver on the business case benefits, budget and timescales
- Manage to the objectives and plan by thorough risk, issue and change management across both business and IT parts of the project
- Ensures that quality project standards are met through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
- Deliver against the transition plans including infrastructure/application support models, change management, learning & communication deliverables
- Contribute to the business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business
activities required to integrate new processes or jobs into the ’business as usual’ environment.
- Assigns responsibilities, sets priorities, delegates tasks to others and contributes needed resources
- Evaluates risks and vulnerabilities, and creates and oversees contingency plans
- Identifies key issues in the application of system development lifecycle and escalates them
- Addresses any deficiencies in the existing system development lifecycle with specific proposals for improvement
- Evaluates major structured methodologies available within the marketplace
- Conducts regular and ad-hoc program reviews with project managers, team and clients
- Oversees reporting requirements, and creates monitoring and control mechanisms
- Establishes project management processes and risk and control processes
- Plans, estimates, staffs, organizes and monitors a set of projects within a program
- Investigates and reports areas of non-compliance with configuration management standards or unaccounted changes
- Evaluates the processes and outputs of configuration tracking against objectives and expectations
- Uses the basic tools to track maintenance, movement and problems with configuration items
- Follows established configuration standards and procedures, and documents all procedures for version control
- Oversees and monitors the planning, organization and control of a set of complex technology related projects within the program
- Oversees and monitors all phases, activities and deliverables of the system design lifecycle
- Determines appropriate methodologies and tools, ensuring that they are fit-for-purpose
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifies potential points of contention for missed deliverables; creates and implements strategy to mitigate shortfalls in timeline and budget
- Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Develop and manage plans to address project strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Ability to balance both the “science” of how to perform project management and the “art” of project management, which is learned through experience and skill training/application
- Analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
- Uses established policies, standards, and practices in preparing a business case
- Demonstrate business analytics to manage and meet sponsor and customer needs
- Lead project teams consisting of cross functional, global, and virtual groups; directly supervises staff; assigns responsibility to members; monitors progress and reports project health on a regular basis.
- Coach, mentor and support less experienced project managers as well as other project resources as needed.
- Extensive experience in End-to-End Project Management – preferably in strategy and business
- 10 plus years in a Business / Corporate IT environment and minimum two years of experience with RPA
- Experience working in a global team
- Management skills to manage number of projects simultaneously
- Experience in understanding customer strategy, services and business processes
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement.
- Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication
- Project Management Methodology, tools and templates including project planning, schedule planning, scope and cost management
- Knowledge on basic concepts of Portfolio and Program Management
- Business Analytics knowledge
- Strong team working skills across matrixes client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (includes negotiation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Analyzes business requirements from key stakeholders and assesses relevant solutions
- Assist in development of risk assessment framework; performs financial risk assessment
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.