About the job
Job Id: 22557709
The Loan Doc & Proc Sr Mgr accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Individual must be accountable, ethical, results oriented, trust worthy and credible.
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing loan documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the loan process.
- Activities will include independently processing and closing loans within a complex loans operation environment.
- Subject matter expert to lead the team to drive and implement business initiatives, client solutions, and/or projects .
- Develops and exercises business plans, policies and procedures, and demonstrates an ability to lead projects, offer innovative solutions and cost saving opportunities
- Stays abreast of developments within the loan documentation/processing function and considers the impact to the business
- Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of complex deliverables often related, but not limited to loan documentation processes for the team
- Accountable for integrity of process, operations and associated results
- Responsible for detailed analysis of loan related issues where the best course of action is not evident from the information available, but actions must be recommended/ taken
- Supports a wide range of internal clients (product, sales, client delivery, and technology) and external corporate clients
- This includes but not limited to assessing service quality and identifying areas for process improvement, service or technology enhancements.
- Requires advanced analytical skills to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple projects, thereby defining problems and developing solutions
- Defines, develops, implements and tracks appropriate margin related KPIs and SLAs for the group
- Conducts discovery and due diligence activities with clients to meet their needs
- Assumes informal/formal leadership role within the team, is involved in the coaching and training of new recruits, and provides guidance and support to junior staff
- Builds and effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal/external clients and stakeholders, as well as ability to influence them where necessary
- Creates, develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal/external clients and stakeholders, and seeks to understand their needs and provides solutions
- Persuades and influences or negotiate with others through collaborative communication skills
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Skills: Must Have
- Significant knowledge of business processes, systems and tools used in the loan process
- Advanced knowledge of loan products & services ,processes and procedures
- High level knowledge of risk types, policies and control measures and processes
- Advanced experience of operating in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to policies
- Experience of using evaluative and ethical judgment to make decisions
- Significant experience of identifying, mitigating, resolving, managing and escalating risks and issues
- Demonstrates ability to view multiple perspectives, prioritize, adapt and multi-task
- High level ability to analyze and think critically and conceptually and interpretively to solve problems. Includes ability to identify opportunities, assess needs, conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses, synthesize insights and provide recommendations.
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) and present with diplomacy; Ability to build and manage relationships through advising, collaborating, influencing, negotiating and persuading.
- Demonstrates ability of leading, managing accountability and managing complexity; Ability to coach, facilitate and guide to achieve results
- Experience of managing and developing a team or multiple teams, including people-related actions and decisions such as performance evaluations, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations
Skills: Prefer to Have
- General knowledge of accounting principles and accounting practices (e.g. US GAAP)
- Experience of managing, preparing and reviewing loan documentation
- General awareness of the industry, competitors and trends
- Knowledge of financial products, such as cash management, treasury, the trade lifecycle
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically, considering the end-to-end, adjacent impacts to the broader system; to formulate strategies and innovate
- Ability to plan (long-term, medium-term and short-term), create and manage budgets and reduce expenses / save costs
- Ability to manage, improve, and design processes and standard operating procedures, including managing KPIs and SLAs to monitor and enhance service quality and process integrity.
- Experience of Implementing projects for system Implementation, technology enhancements through project management and coordination skills
- 6-10 years of experience
- Energetic leader who is able to lead and drive initiatives and deliverables
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills
- Sound knowledge of financial products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Operations – Transaction Services
Loan Documentation and Processing
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting