About the job
Job Title: Reporting and Insights Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- Lead the reporting agenda for Workplace & Collaboration
- Utilising Data science skills and tools to incept golden source reporting dashboards linking W&C products and services with the performance of those services against our operational framework of risk and audit, incident problem & change, CSO and Cyber security, Resilience, Finance & Commercials and linking back to our customers through product usage.
- Through accurate real time dashboards with drillable data, provide gap analysis reporting which allows clear transparency on areas for improvement.
- Provides data and reporting analysis to the W&C Leadership team, and Service Management, Governance & Control leadership team.
- Drive implementation of service improvement plans with the Product Owners, which provide clear transparency of remediation plans and required actions for milestone delivery.
- Reporting, analysis and communication management to GTIS & GTSM senior stakeholders
- Early notification and management of key risks and issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Leading automation opportunities, working with the automation team to implement in order to drive operational improvements.
What will you be doing?
- Creation of the golden source dashboards and associated reporting and analysis
- Data mining and automation
- Building and utilizing reporting in a range of tools including SQL, Python & Tableau, leveraging existing Data Warehousing solutions & establishing new data sources
- Actively driving improvements to ineffective or inefficient processes and procedures, applying Lean methodology and sharing best practices
- Improving technical knowledge and analytical capabilities through personal development and training, staying up to date with latest technology and techniques
- Help to improve the customer experience through the customer journey with a customer to product to performance reporting view and analysis, identifying off track and opportunity areas.
- Understand how our customers are consuming our products
- Managing the day to day monitoring and reporting for W&C position against all validating controls
- Accountable for the production of management information and exec level commentary for required packs and dashboards to show weekly/ monthly compliance positions.
- Implement automated tools for data gathering, analysis and reporting, optimising data collection processes.
- Be the subject matter expert for all reporting queries and initiatives from both programmes and W&C colleagues
- Drive the W&C Management team to proactively manage their responsibilities and deadlines, risks issues and breaches.
- Attend as the W&C representative as required control board meetings, councils, monthly operational reviews & working groups
- Work in partnership with the Service & the Operations Team to driving and deliver continuous improvements and automation opportunities.
What We’re Looking For
- AVP level experience in a comparable organisation
- Led/delivered dashboard capability
- Data mining skills
- Data reporting skills and fully conversant in associated technologies
- Experienced in end to end management from seeing an issue, to reporting it, to generating SIP and delivering solutions.
- Identification of automation opportunities
- Experience of successfully working within a matrix-management organisation
- Conversant with service management and delivery best practices (e.g. ITIL).
- Organisational awareness and understanding of how service stability can be maximised through leveraging technology and process.
- Clear articulation of IT structure and functions and the services and product set of GTIS
- Deep understanding of the internal and external environment related to own IT department/function:
- Can identify the specific functions and responsibilities and key customers and relationships of own IT department/function
- Able to identify, interpret and apply policies and standards
- Working knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Expert level in Excel, able to create reports, pivots, tables, charts, v look ups etc.
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience with scripting languages (VBA, Python, SQL) and data visualization software (Tableau), and MS Office applications (Excel)
- Experience in quantitate & statistical analytics, undertaking data manipulation of large datasets through the use of scripting languages, with a willingness to learn new languages
- Data mining
- Analysis, exec level communication and issue management
- Service Improvement planning and delivery management
- ITIL Service Management
- Leadership experience (projects, programmes, teams, or activity streams)
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.