About the job
The primary role of the backend developer will be to write the data integration and data processing scripts of high scalable and data computation heavy SaaS products for AI powered dynamic price optimization, including but not limited to:
- Backend development: Develop backend codes on Artificial intelligence modelling operating at huge scale (+1Billion data processing per day).
- Integrations: Develop API based integrations with third party tech platforms (e.g. GDSs operating in Travel or Hospitality industries, Seller services in marketplaces like Amazon, FlipKart, Public Apps in Shopify, woocommerce; sales enablement platforms like SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.)
- Data engineering: Build complete understanding of data architecture, write data processing scripts to prepare data for feeding to the AI engine(s).
- AI and ML modelling: Develop or work collaboratively with the Data Science team and implement AI / ML models at production scale.
- Distributed cloud architecture: Apply serverless and container based technologies in a micro-services environment to develop highly scalable backend codes.
- Agile development: Follow agile development processes to achieve impactful outcomes.
- Entrepreneurial mind set with a positive attitude is a must.
- Prior experience (minimum 2 years) in backend development.
- Expert knowledge of new generation technologies is a must (e.g. Machine Queues, MSA architecture, PWA architecture, No-SQL, Serverless, Redis, Python, Django, SQL, Docker/Containers/Kubernetes, etc.).
- Strong acumen in algorithmic problem solving.
- Self-learner: highly curious, self-starter and can work with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Track record of excellence in academics or non-academic areas, with significant accomplishments.
- Excellent written & oral communication and inter-personal skills, with high degree of comfort working in teams and making teams successful.
- BTech / BE / BS / MTech / MCA / ME / MS in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or related field
- 2 – 5 years work experience.