About the job
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realize their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Business Analyst
- Should be capable of delivering the solutions with respect to project use cases.
- Responsible for the quality of code.
- Experience with machine learning model.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement code of low-latency, high-availability, and per formant applications.
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Participate in the development and evangelization of the Python coding standards within the organization.
- Responsible for training and mentoring developers within organization.
- Works with Technical Project Management to create and maintain the prioritized backlog and schedule for the team.
- Responsible for architectural decisions with consultation from other members of engineering leadership.
- Demonstrates an inclusive, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic by showing a willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to make deadlines;
- Displays solid fiscal responsibility by managing and adhering to task timeliness and always seeking out operating efficiencies.
- Facilitate the following Agile Forums and project meetings
- Pod Backlog refinement
- Pod Sprint Planning/show and tell/ retrospective
- Pod Scrum
- Attend/actively participate in the following project meetings
- Work stream Backlog refinement
- Work stream Scrum
- Work stream Retrospective
- Design Forum
- Work with management team and wider IT community to remove any impediments to the pod progress
- Monitor pod work to ensure that all deliverables and work items are produced to a high standard of quality.
- Contribute to team building material to develop and reinforce best practice within the POD’s and across IT Surveillance.
- Contribute to the ongoing refinement of the testing strategy and testing automation.
- Ensure that all technical solutions are ratified
- Produce statistics and cadence reports from JIRA
- Should have flexible in working hours, ready to work in shift and On call
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience on Core Python programming.
- Experience with libraries like Requests, pytest/Unit test
- Should be expert in writing production-grade, maintainable Python code
- Should be able to write an optimal code and should be aligned with software architecture
- Ability to move fast, communicate clearly and operate independently.
- Hands on experience of Database and Schema set-up : SQL – mongoDB
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Good to have experience in building REST APIs
- Experience with any Python framework or similar Python frameworks
- Basic knowledge of containerization and deployment process
- Familiarity with various testing tools.
- Should be a good team player.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by – HSBC Software Development India