About the job
Cvent is a leading meetings, events and hospitality technology provider with more than 4,700 employees and nearly 21,000 customers worldwide.Founded in 1999, the company delivers a comprehensive event marketing and management platform for event professionals and offers software solutions to hotels, special event venues and destinations to help them grow their group/MICE and corporate travel business.
The DNA of Cvent is our people,and our culture has an emphasis onfostering intrapreneurship –a system that encourages Cventers to think and act like individual entrepreneurs and empowers them to take action, embrace risk, and make decisions as if they had founded the company themselves. We foster an environment that promotes agility, which means we don’t have the luxury to wait for perfection. At Cvent, we value the diverse perspectives that each individual brings. Whether working with a team of colleagues or with clients, we ensure that we foster a culture that celebrates differences and builds on shared connections.
In This Role, You Will
- The incumbent will be required to manage Cvent’s Salesforce.com platform
- Work with cross-functional teams to address business issues involving CRM and sales operations
- Effectively communicate & resolve technical issues both internally and externally
- Develop/Manage processes to continuously monitor Data quality & integrity
- Develop Triggers, Classes, Batch Processes, Controllers, Visualforce Pages, LEX/LWC Components, etc. to address and improve new and existing business needs
- Build integration & interfaces using SFDC Web Services API
- Debugging and improving existing code and processes.
Here’s What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred Computer Science/ IT) with strong academic credentials.
- 3+ years of Salesforce development experience & up to 1 year of Salesforce Lightning Development.
- Thorough understanding of development & design using Salesforce Platform (Apex Trigger, Class Controller, Extensions, LEX, LWC & Governor Limits).
- Sound knowledge of Salesforce recommended best practice around design & development.
- Good understanding of Salesforce Configuration functionalities.
- Knowledge of Debugging/Troubleshooting practices.
- Knowledge of software/web development languages/protocols including: SOQL, REST & SOAP services, email services, amongst other is a must.
- Excellent communication skills (English – written and spoken).