About the job
NetApp’s Astra Trident development team is looking for a talented software engineering manager to join our team! We are looking for someone who can thrive as part of a high-performing team delivering creative solutions to the most profound data challenges that customers face.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. We are focused on one thing, helping the world’s leading organizations get the most out of their data. NetApp brings enterprise-grade data services into the cloud, and the simple flexibility of cloud into the data center. Our industry-leading solutions work across diverse customer environments and the world’s biggest public clouds.
What better way to help NetApp on our journey than to join the team that brought the first open-source, out-of-tree dynamic storage provisioner to Kubernetes! We are developing innovative and unique solutions to enable our customers to solve the challenge of persistent data consumption for container technology. Check out https://github.com/NetApp/Trident and https://netapp.io/persistent-storage-provisioner-for-kubernetes/ to find out more about the innovative solutions of which you could be a part.
Astra Trident is a foundational part of the NetApp’s new and exciting Application Data Management product Astra portfolio, https://cloud.netapp.com/astra, not only will you help to shape Astra Trident for our customers but also shape the future of storage integration with Astra Control.
- Job Requirements:
- Experience leader in building new teams
- 3-5 years of managing and shaping agile development teams
- 8+ years involved with software development, either as an individual contributor or managing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential
- A clear understanding of the product development cycle and project management
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to manage junior to senior engineers
- Metrics driven decision making to improve efficiency and delivery
- Experience leading open source and or Agile development teams
- Experience with storage platforms and developing applications for data management
- Utilizes people skills and available people manager tools to critically impact the growth of an individuals on the team
- Work effectively with staff to vice president level employees and employees within and outside of their function and organization
- Demonstrated favorable results through providing leadership to the function, project, and team
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and drive the team towards the common goals
- Influence peers and partners across teams and Business Units
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Experience with ONTAP, CVS or other NetApp products or cloud native storage platforms and developing applications for data management a plus but not a requirement
- Minimum of 12 years of industry experience
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Computer science or related engineering discipline