About the job
Job Req ID:
12 Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
Skills And Experience
- Product and service knowledge – You demonstrate subject matter expertise in complex, technical infrastructure, products and services. You develop bespoke solutions to meet short, medium and long-term customer needs
- Technology design – You partner with the business to understand and analyse user requirements and inform the architecture design for software, systems and networks.
- Be agile – You identify opportunities to use collaborative approaches and continuous improvement. You contribute to projects as a subject matter expert or content owner.
- E2E Solution Design – You produce complete end to end solution designs across the full range of impacts and across a range of specialisms, through collaboration with subject matter experts as necessary.
- Requirements Capture – You are able to translate business and customer
- outcomes into architecture solutions
- Proactivity – You utilise problem-analysis and design-thinking skills and capabilities to offer up innovative ideas to the business and others in BT
Mandatory – previous experience of delivering technical solution designs
Preferred – TMF Accredited.
Preferred – IT experience of the Consumer telco business with specialist knowledge in at least one of Fixed & Mobile products, networks, sales, service, marketing, digital experiences.
Preferred – experience of agile product ownership and a range of solution architecture methods and practices including agile
Roles and Responsibilities
- Defines end to end solutions that span IT, networks, devices and digital experiences for specified projects or initiatives within a domain or across multiple domains.
- Defines solutions that are deliverable, are customer experience lead, that meet the business needs, are secure, drive target architecture where possible, are compliant with relevant industry and company policies and factor in all impacted technical and business areas.
- Creates and owns technical solutions for a domain, cross domain or portfolio of work within a specific technology area and delivers work autonomously.
- Leads matrixed teams when needed to define and design assure end to end solutions
- Executes technical roadmap for specific area or domain.
- Provides recommendation on development budget for the next year by understanding/explaining the technology evolution of the product/system/process etc.
- Partners with engineering teams (tribes and squads) to communicate solutions evolve solutions as the teams build and learn, taking overall accountability for integrity of resultant solutions
- Leads on design assurance before integrating into end to end solutions,
- Integrates and implements end-to-end solutions across customers and business areas.
- Proactively identifies initiatives to drive simplification, target architecture, improved customer experience, improved business agility and lower cost to serve. Actively contributes to architecture roadmaps and long term planning.
- Identifies opportunities to improve standards of practice within a project, continuously enhancing ways of working.
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..