About the job
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Customer Implementation Services (CIS) provides implementation of new and existing MasterCard electronic payment products and services.
As a CIS project manager, you will coordinate processing implementation projects of technical and non-technical nature. In a customer-facing environment, you will deliver standard and occasionally complex implementation projects, ensuring their quality and reliability by applying MasterCard project coordination methodology.
The focus of the work will be on infrastructure, connectivity, additional business, new products & services, supporting the MasterCard transaction processing growth in the Asia Pacific
- Act as central point of contact for customers and/ or MasterCard customer representatives throughout processing implementation project end-to-end execution.
- Provide testing support to MasterCard customers for all products and services.
- Act as processing implementation advisor, to customers’ processing support staff. Provide guidance to execute all necessary processing implementation activities.
- Handle multiple key customer processing implementation projects in parallel, including key implementations (key customers, key markets, key services / products
- Define, create, maintain and document standard and non-standard key customer processing implementation processes.
- Provide training to CIS organization, other MasterCard organizations and the customer.
All About You
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Exact Sciences, Business or equivalent work experience.
- Intermediate experience in “Information Technology” system knowledge, with strong understanding of network technology, applications, and project management. Strong payment transaction processing and industry business principles knowledge.
- Ability to interact well with the customer, Sr. and Executive management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to leverage these skills in a teaching environment
- Ability to drive change in a technical work environment
- Ability to multi-task covering multiple projects
- Any mobile payment background processing/hands-on on any APIs that is used for authentication or authorization is a big plus
- English/Chinese (Bilingual) is a plus.
- Managing multiple medium-sized project/initiatives as a Project Manager working through standard and complex projects, manage the technical quality of MasterCard’s customer and their processor’s transaction processing host interfaces with MasterCard’s processing networks
- Through discussion with customers, translates the needs into implementation activities, and guides customers with the established implementation procedures, standard specification and required documentation to provide end-to-end project execution throughout processing implementation projects.
- Drive customer processing implementation projects of electronic payments processing business activities following the global project coordination methodology
- Liaise and work with internal teams across the globe
All About You
- Previous experience within the Payments Industry
- EMV/Contactless Hands-on Project Experience or Mobile Payment with understanding of OAuth protocol or any APIs that is used for authentication or authorization is a big plus
- Experience with MasterCard related projects in the past (dual-message/single-message) is preferred
- Your previous role included Implementation Project Manager managing multiple complex/key project in a fast-ever changing environment
- Communicates well and clearly with internal teams & customers both on technical and the business on various levels of engagement through conference calls or emails or face to face meeting with customer
- You constantly provide and request input/feedback to make your work more efficient and improve the team’s performance & processes overall
- You work well with other team members to support our customer during and after implementation phase
- You are highly motivated, enterprising team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and MS Project desirable
In a customer-facing environment, lead processing implementation projects of a technical and non-technical nature. Deliver standard implementation activities ensuring quality and reliability of the implementations.
- Provide end-to-end project execution throughout processing implementation projects.
- Assess and document customer needs and according implementation activities.
- Drive customer processing implementation projects of electronic payments processing business activities following the global project coordination methodology.
- Guide customers through applicable MasterCard processing rules, specification and documentation
- Identify appropriate processing implementation support documentation (contracts, agreements, forms etc…) to be provided by customers,
- Handle multiple customer processing implementation projects in parallel.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Exact Sciences, Business or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience
- One to three years of “Information Technology” system knowledge, with basic understanding of network technology, applications, and project management.
- Understanding of payment transaction processing and industry business principles.
- Understanding of MasterCard’s payment processing systems, formats and associated customer host interface testing services and principles.
- Understanding of the 4 party model and the full transaction lifecycle for MasterCard brands
- Ability to interact well with the customer
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self Starter with a desire to learn independently
- Good project management skills
- Ability to manage change in a technical work environment
- Ability to understand theory /principles and apply it in the environment
- Ability to work as a part of a cross functional team
This role is based in our St Leonards office, our newest Mastercard Global Tech Hub and Innovation Centre.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And, Therefore, It Is Expected That Every Person Working For, Or On Behalf Of, Mastercard Is Responsible For Information Security And Must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.