About the job
- Drafting and vetting of all legal documents including the International Contracts and MoU’s for various commercial & business transactions.
- Advising, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing the terms and conditions of wide range of Agreements and contracts including Sponsorship Agreements, Vendor Agreements, Event Agency Agreements, Commercial Agreements, Advertising Agreements, L&L Agreements (License), Lease / Sub-Lease Agreements, Agency/Consultant Agreements, manpower agreements, AMC, NDA’s, Bank Guarantees, and other Contracts & Agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing all the terms and conditions of the Tender & RFP/RFQ documents and space application forms for Exhibitions
- Addressing queries received from the business teams related to agreements and liaising & negotiating with external parties including external counsels, service providers, banks, etc. to finalise the agreements.
- Advising and evaluating legal due diligence for acquisition of property and Knowledge about the provisions of RERA.
- Managing the legal issues of all areas of the Company’s businesses.
- To handle the scheme for Merger & Amalgamation and transfer of businesses / slump sale.
- Assisting in framing / amending of the MoA AoA, Bye-Laws, internal Rules & Regulations, drafting and reviewing risk management policies of the company.
- Acting as the in-house legal adviser and rendering preliminary advice / opinions / views to resolve legal disputes.
- Providing accurate and relevant legal and compliance advisory to business and regional business teams
- Provide legal assistance to Human resources team for employment matters and contract drafting for employment and other relating matters. Advising on labour law related issues.
- Provide advice & assistance to IT Dept. on software licensing & IT compliances
- Handling Secretarial Compliances of the Group / subsidiary companies
- To protect the interests of the Company in case of any litigation, by Liasioning with Advocates and Solicitors for pending cases in Courts at all levels
- Monitoring the pending legal cases and preparing the documents/reports for such cases and placing it before the management.
- Submission of Quarterly Statutory Compliance Reports
Secretarial Compliances of the Group / subsidiary companies:
- Ensuring Secretarial Compliances mandated under the Companies Act, 2013
- Preparation of Notices, Agenda, Resolutions and Minutes of the Committee Meetings, Board Meeting, Annual General Meeting and Extra-ordinary General Meeting.
- Filing e-forms with MCA under various provisions of the Companies Act
- Incorporation of new companies and various compliances related to incorporation.
- Updating and maintenance of records of Directors as per the requirement under the new Companies Act.
- Compliance with respect to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) laws such as Trademark Act, Patent Act and Copyright Act.
- Ensuring timely submission of details sought by regulating authorities such as Ministry of commerce and industry, Tax authorities. and other Govt. authorities.
- Managing Legal Document Repository
- Liasioning with Statutory & Internal Auditors for Conducting their Audit during the financial year of the Company and of the Subsidiary companies.
- Knowledge and correspondence with respect to Right to Information Act and filing application under the same.
- Attending seminars, meetings, training programs of legal experts for self-development and to meet the goals of the organization.
- Assessing business and operations’ risks.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proficient Communication (both, verbal and written) Skills
- Effective Problem-solving
- Assessment & Interpretation
- Critical Thinking Ability
- Strong People Skills
- Up-to-date Knowledge of Legal, Compliance Guidelines, business technology and IT
- Sound Understanding of Regulatory Guidelines and Security Policies
- Researching legal concepts, case law, judicial opinions, statutes, regulations, and other information are important skills. Must master research techniques and know how to locate and synthesize legal authority.
- Must be proficient at statutory interpretation and learn proper legal citation. Become proficient with legal research software applications and internet research.
- Must be able to make timely decisions
- Candidates must have a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience out of which minimum 3 years in a Senior position.
- Minimum L.L.B. degree. Preferably Company Secretary (C.S.)
- Working experience in similar position from competitive institutes will be an added advantage