About the job
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Plan and manage a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery
- Maintain up to date project documentation
- Basic understanding of the design approaches and technologies utilized in your area
- Work across multiple scrum teams (may be cross-cutting across products, scrum teams, and/or technologies or work may be vertically focused on a single product or feature set)
- Align dependent organizations and remove/mitigate all blocking issues
- Identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track, and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives
- This role is also accountable for operations / service delivery of few applications within the Platform area
- Ensure conformance to Varian’s quality policies and procedures.
- Involve and drive continuous improvement initiatives
Education : BE, MSc, MCA, Computer Science or related discipline.
Experience : 8 + yrs Total Work Experience. Min 3+ yrs in Project Management
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment.
- Good understanding in the areas of software applications, databases and enterprise systems
- Project management experience in product development projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Experience in Agile method of running projects is mandatory
- Good skills in risk management and problem-solving abilities are required
- Team management skills in both direct and indirect reporting structures is required
- Stakeholder management, exceptional oral and written communication with negotiations skills are a must
- Strong ability to plan and organize, with a systematic, structured, and disciplined approach
- Nice to have prior project management experience in a healthcare or medical devices environment.
- Familiarity with aspects involving design-for-safety, 510K etc. for medical device
- PMP or other project management certifications are a plus.
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for certain roles.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That’s why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
Privacy Statement (https://www.varian.com/sites/default/files/Job%20Applicant%20Privacy%20Notice%203%2027_final.pdf)